Thursday, September 17, 2015

Learning Log

Learning Log #2:
 


The first time I got taken out of my comfort zone this school year is when I decided to switch my English class. It was an internal battle between myself when deciding whether or not I should switch my English class from Unleveled to AP. I had talk to my mom about switching before school even started, but she wanted me to wait until I actually knew what I was getting into taking an advanced placement English class. On the second day of school, when I had my first class period of English (the unleveled class), I was not worried about it because from past experience, I knew it was already too easy. I listened to my mom and went to the class for the first week of school. The next Monday after I went to the guidance office to change them.

I had to wait until my guidance counselor was finished with the other student she had so I could go in. After about 30 minutes, she was done and I could go in. She asked me what did I need. I told her that I wanted to switch to a higher level English class. She told me it would be a lot of work in the AP class. The AP English class had a lot of people switch out because it was a great deal of work already. I was a little bit nerves because it was only the third day of school. After I told her what class I wanted we started to see what class period I could take the class. We figured out I could take it 3rd period and switch my Math class to first period. While there I decided to switch my Photography class to Nutrition and Wellness instead. I believe it was a good idea because I can still get the CTE credit but take another class. That is my story about the first time I was taken out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment